Effects Of Thinking White People Are “All Like That”:
- Literally nothing other than white people having their feelings hurt on the internet
- I’m not joking there is no real world consequence of this
Effects Of Thinking People of Color Are “All Like That”:
- Saudi student is literally surrounded by FBI for cooking rice under terrorist suspicions
- White people literally can not associate positive words with Black faces because of racism
- More white people use drugs but Black people are sent to jail for drugs at 10 times the rate that white people are
- Black people who “sound Black” earn less money than those who don’t because of associations with stereotypes. Black people who “sound Black” are less likely to get called back for jobs
- Black children grow up literally associating being Black with being bad and ugly
- White people when tested shot more unarmed Black subjects than armed and unarmed white subjects
- Hate crimes increase after Boston tragedy
- Moroccan High School Student is linked to Boston tragedy for being Brown
- Bangladeshi man is beaten by people out of racism
- NYPD Commissioner wants Black and Latino men to fear him after the police targeted literally 90 percent Black and Latino men in New York and humiliating them by frisking them in public under the assumption that they had weapons. Studies found that white men were the ones who overwhelmingly had weapons while Black and Latino men didn’t
- White people blaming and convicting Black men for crimes they never committed and everyone believing them because of racism
- Stop and Frisk, ruled unconstitutional was practiced by New York police disproportionately and unfairly affecting 90% Black and Latino men because of racism
- Universities throwing racist ‘Fiesta Party’ homogenizing culture with extreme racism
- Here are some of the numbers on hate crimes against People of Color and btw, Neo Naziism is increasing!
- Every 28 Hours an African American is Extrajudicially Murdered in the U.S.
- Black people 3 times more likely to be arrested for Marijuana
- Black people receive much harsher sentencing than white people for the same crimes do I need to go on?
But yeah, white people’s feelings :*(
I actually changed my mind, I’m adding more
- Deaf Black man is stabbed out of racism when his sign language is mistaken for a GANG SIGN
- Anti-Islam posters run free on the train to reinforce racism anti-Islamic sentiments and Islamaphobia
- Oops! Chicago police raids the wrong house, holds an 11 month old at gunpoint to raise their hand, kills their dog all because of racism and assuming it was a crackhouse! Oopsies
- Let’s take it overseas! Black people in England and Wales are 7 times more likely to be stopped by police than white people. Asian people are twice as likely
- People assuming Native american baby names are actually Native and have any meaning to any ethnic group when they don’t
- Here’s a whole collection of people saying racist stereotyping homogenizing disgusting stuff about Natives
- People protesting (Idle No More) defending Native people’s humanity are attacked with violence
- White kids think it’s totally okay and normal to photograph themselves lynching a Black baby doll like an effigy
- Member of the most glorified band in the world Paul McCartney made a racist white supremacist song called ‘No Pakistanis’ and everyone still glorifies him as a good person
- Racism in actual political campaign in Massachusetts against a Native runner portraying her name and image in a racist stereotypical inappropriate manner
- Indian Sikh school students protest for students who are banned from wearing their turbans in public schools in France
- Here’s a graph of the statistic that approx every 28 hours an African American is extrajudicially executed in the US
- NYPD profiling and targeting LGBT*Q People of Color
- Black students (especially boys and children with disabilities) face more and harsher punishments in public schools and are being pushed out of schools into the criminal justice system.
- Black male incarceration has jumped 500% from 1986 to 2004
- Albany police: SWAT literally uses a poor Black neighborhood to train in because they say it’s ‘realistic’
- The audio recording from a young man of color of a NYPD stop and frisking him based solely how he looks calling him a “FUCKING MUTT”
- Incarceration rates by ethnicity
- All of this fucking cultural appropriation
Whoa, it does not stop
- Her Innocent Brother Was Made Into a Bombing Suspec because of racism: Sunil Tripathi’s Sister Speaks
- Wall Street Journal refers to a Chinese athlete as being “fueled with rice” even though they don’t title articles like that for white athletes
- Black Woman Pretends To Be White And Job Offers Skyrocket
- African-American man says NYPD made him rap before freeing him
- Black Detroit woman shot to death while seeking help in white neighborhood after car crash
- Woman Says She Called 911 for an Ambulance for Her Fiancé, Cops Came and Shot Him Instead
- A Black man holding a wallet is more likely to be shot by the police than a White man holding a gun.
- ESPN makes a racist mockery of Native americans on national TV on purpose. I don’t see any consequences for their actions
- Students of color At University of Texas Attacked By An Epidemic Of ‘Bleach Bombs’
- Racism Linked to Adult-Onset Asthma in Black Women
- Black firefighter waves to white police man and is handcuffed and on the ground
- Most of Onondaga County is disputed land, which legally belongs to the Onondaga Nation. It has been held illegally by New York State for hundreds of years, despite the Treaty of Fort Stanwix which means that the Onondaga Nation is the legal owner. Racists respond with “they didn’t work for this land it’s mine” illogically
- Disparities in the workforce exist as Black women and Latino men work more than white women and white men but the racial wage gap still exists
- Oakland: Study finds racial bias in boys’ arrests targeting guess who? Black young men, of course!
- How is it that 58% of prisoners are Black and Latino if 70% of crime committed here is done by white people?
- Forty Percent of White Americans Are Lying About Their ‘Black Friend’
- From Mosques to Soccer Leagues: Inside the NYPDâs Secret Spy Unit Targeting Muslims, Activists
- When whites were presented with an argument against the death penalty or three strikes that emphasized the racial bias of the policy, they became more (not less) supportive of capital punishment and three strikes laws.
- Who’s surprised that people were racist and needed an explanation of how not to homogenize and trivialize culture on Dia de los Muertos?
- African-Americans More Likely To Receive Lower-Quality Kidneys, Study Finds
- Islamophobia towards (obviously innocent) paying customer: Garland restaurant contaminated her drink, Muslim woman says
- Famous actor Brandon T. Jackson is called racial slurs on his flight and told “I don’t care if you’re Obama’s son” then questioned by the police and restricted from flying and left alone to look for a hotel himself for being the victim of racism on US Airways
- Rob Brown, famous star of Treme is racially profiled and arrested at Macy’s for purchasing a watch with his own money and his own credit card and accused of fraud
- Kayla Philips tries to purchase a bag at Barney’s and is also accused of fraud at Barney’s because they didn’t believe she could afford it
Imagine how tragic it would be if someone hurt your feelings by letting you know that you benefit from not having this happen to you, though
the following are all quotes from sociologists, civil rights activists, and government committees devoted to race relations in the united states
“Unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand without knowledge, thought or reason.”
— from RANDOM HOUSE DICTIONARY, 1967
“Any attitude, action or institutional structure which subordinates a person or group because of their color … Racism is not just a matter of attitudes; actions and institutional structures can also be a form of racism.”
—from RACISM IN AMERICA AND HOW TO COMBAT IT, U.S. commission on Civil Rights, 1970
“Racism is different from racial prejudice, hatred, or discrimination. Racism involves having the power to carry out systematic discriminatory practices through the major institutions of our society.”
— from WHAT CURRICULUM LEADERS CAN DO ABOUT RACISM by Dr. Delmo Della-Dora, New Detroit, Inc. 1970
“Power + Prejudice = Racism.”
—from DEVELOPING NEW PERSPECTIVES ON RACE, by Pat A. Bidol
“In the United States at present, only whites can be racists, since whites dominate and control the institutions that create and enforce American cultural norms and values … blacks and other Third World peoples do not have access to the power to enforce any prejudices they may have, so they cannot, by definition, be racists.”
—from EDUCATION & RACISM, National Education Association. 1973
“Racism and white racism mean the same thing, if we are referring to practices of major institutions and dominant societal patterns in the United States today … White people are in the majority in the country … Thus, government, business, industry, unions, churches, educational and other institutions are almost always dominated by white people. When you combine power with racial discrimination, the result is racism.”
“Is one in which social policies, procedures, decisions, habits and acts do in fact subjugate a race of people and permit another race to maintain control over them … No society will distribute social benefits in a perfectly equitable way. But no society need use race as a criterion to determine who will be rewarded and who punished. Any nation which permits race to affect those who benefit from social policies is racist.”
—from INSTITUTIONAL RACISM IN AMERICA
WHO IS A RACIST?
“All white individuals in our society are racists. Even if a white is totally free from all conscious racial prejudices, he remains a racist, for he receives benefits distributed by a white racist society through its institutions. Our institutional and cultural processes are so arranged as to automatically benefit whites, just because they are white.
It is essential for whites to recognized that they receive most of these racist benefits automatically, unconsciously, unintentionally.”
—from EDUCATION & RACISM, National Education Association. 1973
if, after reading these entries, written by qualified researchers, scientists, and committees, you still see a dictionary definition of such a controversial word as more fitting than the definition provided by those who study and research the topic, you need to seriously re-examine your reasoning.
are you sticking to the definition because it’s convenient for you? do you believe these people to be unqualified to speak on the topic? do you really want to be the victim THAT badly?
no one is saying that minorities cannot be prejudiced towards whites. no one is saying that unnecessary violence against whites is a good thing. but at the same time, you need to acknowledge that we live in a society that objectively provides whites more opportunity than minorities, even those in less-than-fortunate socioeconomic circumstances. this is the truth of our culture. why are you denying it? are you so afraid to be labelled a racist that you refuse to acknowledge these destructive power structures?